Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Terry writing for DC!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ntu150's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just found this out on the comics continuum. Apparently, Terry is going to taking over the writing chores for DC's Birds of Prey starting with issue #47. Very interesting. I may actually try Birds of Prey when he does. Besides, I've always found Babs Gordon (former Batgirl) and Black Canary rather interesting.

    NTU-150

    ------------------
    Learn the secret to financial independence at
    http://www.theultimatenetmatrix.com/about.html

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah, I just saw that.

    It made my brain hurt.

    I mean, hey, I love SiP, but I never bought Lady Supreme or that buffy spin off, so the news is kinda mixed for me.
    The thing that concerns me is that BoP is a monthly book, so I hope it doesn't slow down SiP...but I guess it probably shouldn't, because he isn't penciling it.

    Sorry Terry, but not even you can suck me into the morass of cross over hell known as the Batman franchise.

    Well, in any event, good luck to you Terry on this latest development. Give'em what for!

    BTW, when is your Ultimate Team Up staring Black Widow coming out? Please don't tell me you haven't called Brian yet! smile

    Darth

    ------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GaMookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hopefully, the editors will just stand back and let Terry strut his stuff.

    I remember when he was at the Chicago Comic book convention talking about his upcoming work on Gen13, and how disappointed I was when I finished reading it because only a teeeeny tiiiiiiny bit of what he wanted to write about actually made it in the book.

    Best of luck! I will be reading it!

    -RT

    ------------------
    http://www.stickleyandjones.com - The Daily Online comic that is funnier than 'Mark Trail' and 'Steve Canyon' combined!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member amytoilet's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Terry should be able to do wonders with Babs' and Dick's relationship, that will be exciting to see develop.

    Like Darth Fett I doubt this will influence me to purchase a battitle; if you buy one you have to buy them all every few months. Though Terry's introduction won't happen for almost a year so perhaps I'll change my mind.

    This is exciting though; I'm surprised DC had enough intelligence to even consider Terry Moore over another typical old and tired superhero writer.


    ------------------
    laughing is the only way i can keep from screaming .

  5. #5
    Jaxom 27
    Guest Jaxom 27's Avatar

    Post

    I'd worry not so much about the writing...Terry should be able to do fantastic things with those characters (and since I already READ BoP...), I'd be more concerned about being trapped into SENSELESS and USELESS Batman crossovers...ugh...

    ------------------
    Before allowing drunken friend to cheat on his girl, you must attempt one
    intervention. If he is able to get on his feet, look you in the eye, and deliver
    a "F...OFF!" You are absolved of your of responsibility.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 1999
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    wow.

    this is news indeed.

    terry, do you have anything to tell us? your take on things...? i had no idea.

    wow.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaxom 27:
    I'd be more concerned about being trapped into SENSELESS and USELESS Batman crossovers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    My point exactly. The yearly batman x-over is mandatory. I imagine there will be some friction there(not enough to be a deal-breaker, but I forsee some long conversations between Texas and NYC....)

    In spite of my declared intention not to buy it, I still give Terry all my support. May your best work always lie in the future!

    Darth

    ------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually I have been reading BoP for the last few years and it hasn't been bad with Crossovers. Most of the X-overs skip it and when it is included the stories have been fairly self contained. The only one that was significant was Officer Down and considering it was her Dad that was shot, that X-Over made sense.

    BoP is one of my favorite books, the relationship between Barbara and Diana has always been one of the most fascinating to read. And with Terry doing BoP and my other favorite writer Devin Grayson taking over Nightwing it will be fascinating to watch that relationship as well.

    If you like character driven comics I highly recommend Devin Grayson. She writes some of the best character driven stories around. Along with our Mr. Moore of course! wink

    ------------------
    Selah

  9. #9
    Inactive Member frosti's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2001
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This does sound interesting to me. I'll probably pick up a couple issues. My greatest concern would be the editorial staff. I haven't followed a DC/Marvel book on a regular basis for about four years now because of how frustating the editors can be. Most of the time it seems like when a decent writer starts on a book, the editors end up restricting their efforts until they end up leaving. And then there are those horrible mega crossover events that were previously mentioned. Hopefully, DC will have the courage to let Terry do what he thinks is best. If so, they'll end up with a book that is 95% more interesting and well written than their other titles.

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by frosti (edited October 28, 2001).]

    [This message has been edited by frosti (edited October 28, 2001).]

  10. #10
    Jaxom 27
    Guest Jaxom 27's Avatar

    Post

    Actually, I'd say the Batman Editors are among the best in the biz...granted most Bat crossovers blow, but the fact that they can keep it all straight and streamlined says something for them...plus they APPEAR to be flexible...

    ------------------
    Before allowing drunken friend to cheat on his girl, you must attempt one
    intervention. If he is able to get on his feet, look you in the eye, and deliver
    a "F...OFF!" You are absolved of your of responsibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •